November 23, 2010
Greetings in Christ! Winter weather and other circumstances have changed our staff plans this week so we decided to share with you a brief e-news this Thanksgiving Week!
Our Island Christmas Dinners are all set to go. We are getting registrations but have plenty of room. Here is a list of dates and guest entertainment: We invite you to come at 3:00 pm for wagon rides, cookies and cider. Dinner will be served at 5:00 except on December 10.
December 5 – Chris Maland, vocal December 10 – Gary and Lori Bach, guitar and vocal. Dinner at 6:00 December 11 – Vining Bell Choir December 12 – Michael Uhren, electrical guitarist December 19 – Minnesota Minutemen, performance team. A Christmas drama.
On this week of Thanksgiving we want to share with you all of the many things we are thankful for.
- We give thanks for a great Retreat Season this past winter, spring, and fall. We set records for attendance and increased our revenue, but more importantly, so many young and old whose spiritual lives were strengthened through their attendance at camp.
- We thank you for the 50% increase in unrestricted giving that we received already this year. We received so many wonderful gifts in support of the Chapel renovation, our Horse Outreach Program, and our many other projects. We saw wonderful support for our I love a Camper appeal in February and our An Amazing Day event in October.
- We thank the many donors and investors who are helping us realize the vision of establishing the Creation-Science Environmental Learning Center at Christ Serve Ranch.
- We rejoice in the number of children who joined us for summer camp, the families who enjoyed a week of our family week or special weekends, the family reunions, our day camps, and so much more.
- We give thanks every day for the volunteers who give so much to make camp a special place. We especially thank our board of directors, the Christ Serve Ranch Task Force, our Teen Servants, our Pastors of the Week, Fred and Cathy Frick, our mail stuffers, Shirley Koestler and Anne Hilchen and Linda Menze, our quilt ladies, Aaron and Adam Menze, the gang of volunteers who helped finish the chapel, the group of volunteer event hosts and hostesses and so many more.
- God has blessed camp with some great staff members, including our year round staff, our summer staff, and our part time staff.
- Our district is blessed by hundreds of faithful Pastors, DCEs, DCOs, Teachers, and Deaconesses. Many of these good people provide leadership, financial, and prayer support for Lutheran Island Camp and Christ Serve Ranch.
- We are also blessed with a District Staff and board of directors that provide support, advice, and help with such things as our Make A World For Christ, our insurance programs, Stepping out in Faith support, and program support.
- We also give thanks to our prayer warriors, those wonderful people who pray daily for the staff, our programs, and to give thanks.
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, God has given us so much through Lutheran Island Camp and through His Son, Jesus Christ. We rejoice that we are all able to share it with you and pray for God’s continued blessings through His word and sacraments, His creation, and His people.
Lutheran Island Camp and Retreat Center
Lutheran Island Camp Foundation
Christ Serve Ministries
45011 230th St
Henning MN 56551
Learn more about our Creation-Science Environmental Learning Center at
"Building Christ-centered programs and facilities for you, your children, and your children's children."
If you would prefer not to receive the Tuesday e-news, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com saying unsubscribe in the body of the message. We will make every effort to take you off of the list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, please send an unsubscribe message from your old address, then go to our website and subscribe with your new address. It is important that you identify us as a safe sender in your e-mail program.